Saturday, May 7, 2011

Quick Update regarding map 2... (Updated)

but before i go there. All of these reference picture here (44 pages) contains 99% of the materials that i might use (or i already used them) later on. I am updating this from time to time as well because of being afraid of loosing my working material, despite having flash drives in my possession.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am rebuilding map 2 to the extent that the nav mesh will give me less of a headache then it gave me before. I am also giving you a new starting area that kinda makes sense, while it doesn't. I never liked how that starting area was anyway.
The area i am rebuiling might feel even more familiar then it did before and i believe that the forest part will be even better then it is now, when i get there eventually.
There where unknown performance issue before that i couldn't understand where they came from.
I am gonna try to add more areas from SH3 and SH4 since i have more breathing space now. The puzzle elements will be things that makes sense at the beginning.

Rebuilding huge chunks of this map was crucial to the overall theme of this campaign.


 Slightly changed.





There is supposed to be a water brush here, right now it was in the way.
Modified the brick texture i already made to slightly represent the original texture even more.





More pictures.
Its pretty hard to take a snap shot while the lights flickers a lot.
I am still working on the lighting and some of these textures needs to be replaced.


3 comments:

  1. Updated this post with more pictures so you can have a better understanding how the lighting is going to be, lot of work still.

    ReplyDelete